Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing Services
There is a dire need for workplaces to be free from drug and alcohol menace. Based on the statistical evidence offered by NDWA, almost 40% of the workplace mishaps occur due to employed drug and alcohol addicts, and this is really alarming. This is also the cause of road accidents. This is why workplace drug testing is necessary. As the term implies, reasonable drug testing is performed when there is in fact some evidence or raised suspicion by witnesses for drug or alcohol abuse, especially at workplace. Medway Onsite Health Services offers various types of reasonable suspicion drug testing services pertaining to workplace mishaps and road accidents. We understand the significance of a clean workplace and try to achieve the same by helping employers through our testing services.
Types of Drugs Tested as the Part of Our Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing Services
Reasonable suspicion could be for a variety of drugs. Generally, these are the drugs tested as part of our drug testing services:
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
Why Employers Conduct Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing
Reasonable suspicion about drug addict employees could be created among colleagues and employers because of various physical and behavioral symptoms. Here are some of them:
- Prolonged and uninformed absenteeism
- Withdrawn and aloof behavior
- Reddened and bulged eyes
- Unclear speech
- Extreme mood swings
- Shivers and tremors
- Unstable walking
- Loss of focus
If an employer or any of the colleagues observe any of these symptoms for a number of days, they may have a reason to doubt drug consumption. This is when employers approach is to conduct reasonable suspicion drug testing. The suspected employee is told to be on leave till the drug results are received. Some employers perform who may not be DOT regulated perform drug tests as per federal standards through third party administrators like us. Here, they are made aware of all the definitions, policies, and steps to take when conducting reasonable suspicion testing. This includes observing all the above mentioned symptoms in a person.
Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing Services Offered by Medway Onsite Health Solutions
We offer the following types of tests to confirm reasonable suspicion.
- Hair Follicle Test: This test is effective in terms of the accuracy of the results; however, the only drawback is it cannot be performed on bald persons. Here, hair sample is collected by our technician to find out if there has been repeated drug abuse. The detection window for this test is about 90 days.
- Urine Test: This is included under DOT testing by federal mandate. This offers a long detection window as traces of drugs remain in the body even as the person becomes normal and the symptoms subside. However, the results to some extent may vary with the proportion of bodily fluids, water intake, and other relevant parameters.
- Saliva Test: A sample of saliva or mouth swab is collected by our technician to perform this test. One can perform this test immediately within a few minutes of drug consumption and the detection window lasts for about 72 hours. This is an affordable and efficient type of testing, wherein tampering or manipulating the sample is not at all easy. Also, it can be done for all types of people.
Benefits of Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing
There are many benefits of this testing. Here are some of them:
- This type of testing has largely helped reduce driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It also helps reduce workplace mishaps due to these addictions.
- For most employers, it helps achieve a clean workplace environment.
- It gives a chance of reform to the addicted individual.
Medway Onsite Health Services (OHS) offers reasonable drug testing services as recommended by federal guidelines and based on specific policies of employers. Our certified and experienced technicians maintain confidentiality and collect the specimen as to when required. We help people come back to life and as an organization, we feel satisfied about it. If you as an employer, supervisor, or colleague have any doubts about when and how to conduct reasonable suspicion drug testing, we can guide you on the same. For any further questions and test booking, you can reach us on phone or email.