DNA Paternity Testing Services
DNA testing is a type of paternity testing conducted to establish the paternity of a child. The entire process of testing to results declaration demands high accuracy and confidentiality. At MedWay Onsite Health Services (OHS), we conduct paternity tests for a variety of reasons ranging from legal to personal ones. All tests are conducted by our certified experts who strive to provide accurate results. Safe and secure sample collection combined with proven techniques and the fastest turnaround times makes us one of the leading onsite DNA paternity testing services providers in the US.
An Overview of DNA Paternity Testing Services
DNA paternity testing is usually performed in cases where the alleged father denies the paternity of a child and may refuse to share the responsibility due to the same. In this type of testing, the DNA of an alleged father and child is compared to establish a biological relationship between them.
Types of Paternity Tests Performed by MedWay OHS
At MedWay OHS, we specialize in the following types of paternity tests.
- Legal Paternity Testing: This type of testing is performed in chain-of-custody testing cases to establish a relationship between a father and child. The results of this testing are used as proof in child custody cases.
The results can be used for
- Acquiring SSN
- Birth certificates
- Estate Settlements
- Child Support
- Non-invasive Prenatal Paternity Testing: This type of testing is usually ordered by couples who may be seeking answers for paternity, infidelity, and various other issues. It is a type of non-invasive test, which is usually conducted on a pregnant lady. It can be conducted on a woman who may be at least 7 weeks pregnant. It is safe for both mother and fetus.
- Hair DNA Testing: In this type of testing, the hair follicle is collected as a specimen. This testing is usually performed when one of the parties may not be available for testing. We generally recommend hair DNA testing in cases where hair follicles are mailed to different country. However, many courts do not accept results of hair follicle DNA tests. This is because hair follicles do not contain viable DNA as cheek swabs. So, it is always advisable to perform legal DNA testing if legal decisions are involved.
- Grandparent DNA Testing: In this type of testing, the DNA of a grandparent is extracted for testing if the alleged father fails to cooperate for the testing process.
- Postmortem DNA Testing: As the name suggests, this type of testing is performed after death. The DNA of the deceased person is usually matched with living relatives to seek answers for many questions. We often get requests for this type of testing from people who may be seeking answers about their paternity or contesting the will or other legal documents in the court. The final decision in such disputes often depends on the test results.
Is a Mother’s Specimen Required for Paternity Testing?
Generally, a mother's specimen is not required for the paternity test in most cases. If a minor is involved in a test, then the consent of at least one parent may be required.
What Are the Types of Samples Collected for DNA Paternity Testing?
A buccal swab is collected by scraping the cheek of both parties for about 30 seconds. The collected sample is sent for testing and the results are shared with the intended parties. Sometimes, spit cups, chewing gum, and mouthwash may also be collected for sample processing.
Benefits of Choosing DNA Paternity Tests from MedWay OHS
There are several benefits of choosing DNA paternity tests from MedWay OHS.
- We assure quick turnaround times on all testing results.
- We perform onsite sample collection to reduce the chances of cheating or manipulation.
- Everything, right from sample collection to processing, is performed by our certified experts.
- Our test results have helped several people access and enjoy their legal rights.
- These tests offer an overview of family medical history and allow people to take precautions before the onset of certain medical conditions.
- These tests benefit both parties in the following ways:
- The parents get a chance to fulfill their responsibilities in a better way
- The kids feel welcomed and it instills a sense of identity in them
How Long Does It Take for MedWay OHS to Process the Results?
It usually takes 2-7 business days for us to process and post the results to concerned parties.
Get In Touch With Us
Want to get in touch with our expert team? Or want to check the possibility of working together? If yes, please fill the form below or give us a call on any of the below given numbers or email us. We would be happy to help you.