FDA Emergency Use Authorized COVID-19 “Coronavirus” IgG/IgM Rapid Test Kit
The Coronavirus pandemic has badly affected people, places, and economies. The rate at which it is spreading is alarming. Hence, it needs to be detected quickly, to establish control over the disease through various forms of treatments recommended by WHO. This is essential at least till the vaccine is introduced. In last few months, the demand for FDA approved reliable rapid testing kits has increased tremendously. These kits help laboratories and healthcare organizations increase the number of tests per day, decrease the result time to 10 minutes, and effectively treat people at the right time. MedWay Onsite Health Solutions provides FDA authorized Coronavirus IgG and IgM rapid testing kit that has been instrumental in testing suspected Covid-19 cases.
What is Immunoglobulin and COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test Cassette?
Based on the typical symptoms such as cough, cold, fever, sore throat, and so on, it is essential to identify a prior infection in your body. This is to either confirm or rule out the presence of Covid-19 antibodies in a given sample. This is because, the fever can be because of a regular infection or Covid-19. Now, what is immunoglobulin. As part of the immune system, our body makes various immunoglobulins to fight off antigens of viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens. The type of immunoglobulin differs with each disease. IgG is abundantly present in all bodily fluids and wards off various viruses and bacteria. IgM is present in the lymphatic fluid and blood and is made by the body to fight off a new infection. So, a combination of IgG and IgM or immunoglobulin G and M types play a role in detecting Covid-19 infection. The rapid test kits detect the presence of IgG and IgM antibodies. If the test tis positive, there is a chance of Covid-19 infection.
How to Use These Test Kits?
Before, we even mention the steps, we need to put this as a disclaimer that these kits are only recommended to be done in high-emergency settings and performed strictly by medical professionals, according to the rules set by FDA. Else, serological tests are recommended as they have a long window of detection which can help detect the virus even after the symptoms disappear. The rapid test, on the other hand, have a short window, and the testing needs to be done in case of an acute infection or peculiar symptoms. Here are some of the symptoms observed in Covid-19 infections which may be confused with other common infections:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
You may experience some of these symptoms which could be very mild at times. It is best to consult your practitioner to get a PCR test done and not ignore any symptoms, especially if they persist.
Here are the steps to use the rapid testing kit for Covid-19 diagnosis:
- The test can be carried out using whole blood, plasma, or serum samples.
- Open the seal of the kit only when you are ready to put in the sample.
- Place a couple of drops of the sample in the cassette well and wait for 10 to 15 minutes to see the results.
- There are three parts- C, M, and G. The C line is always colored.
- The G line will become colored in case of an IgG positive test, while the M line will become positive in case of an IgM positive test. If the IgG and IgM combined test is positive, then all three lines will be colored.
- In case of a negative test, only the C line will remain colored.
- After 15 minutes, if there are no results, the test stands invalid.
- This test kit can either be refrigerated or stored at room temperature.
- It has a shelf life of up to two years.
- Based on the incubation period of the virus and symptoms if any, the IgM type may be detected in the sample in 3-5 days, while the IgG could be detected in 1-2 weeks.
In case of any further questions regarding this test kit, you can reach us on phone or email.
Get In Touch With Us
Want to get in touch with our expert team? Or want to check the possibility of working together? If yes, please fill the form below or give us a call on any of the below given numbers or email us. We would be happy to help you.